It has been 30 years since Norway’s first Salsa orchestra La Descarga was established by pianist and composer Sverre Indris Joner in the lead, and Cuban Sergio Gonzalez on vocals.
We think its the most appropriate thing in the world to celebrate this with a grand anniversary concert with this fantastic orchestra during the new Latin & Afro-Caribbean festival, Oslo Caribbean Feeling.
The concert will take place Saturday 28th of October in stunning Marmorsalen of Sentralen, in the very centre of Oslo. The ticket includes the full Oslo Caribbean Feeling Party in Sentralen, with 3 or 4 different dance-floors offering international dj´s playing salsa, kizomba, bachata, reggaeton, afrobeat, semba, son etc.
Dance shows, animation & other entertainment before and after the concert. Professional Master of Ceremony.
La Descarga line-up:
- Sverre Indris Joner (Norway), band leader/arrangements, piano
- Sergio Gonzalez (Cuba), lead vocals, minor percussion
- Luis Enrique Rivera (Peru), vocals
- Eduardo Cedeno Rodriguez (Cuba), timbales and vocals
- Marius Bastiansen (Norway), congas
- Ole Marius Melhuus (Norway), double bass
- Frank Brodahl (Norway), trompet
- Marius Haltli (Norway), trompet
- Even Kruse Skatrud (Norway), trombone
Doors open 21:00, with DJs, dance shows, animation & other entertainment
Concert starts 22:30 (ca.)
Tickets available soon
Venue: Sentralen, Øvre Slottsgate 3, Oslo
Concert included in the Oslo Caribbean Feeling Pass
Live at Cosmopolite, Oslo, 2013: